Edition Aug 9th-10th, 2019
NOI Hackathon Summer Edition
Ida - Interactive Destination Assistant
What is Ida?
Ida has two meanings. The first is literal, it stands for: Interactive Destination Assistant the other one is more fun: its a South Tyrolean (German) name 💁♂️ and that helps to give personality to the assistant.
Ida is an assistant that helps tourists to plan excursions in South Tyrol.
How does Ida assist tourists?
First things first:
Ida is composed of more than one part. The first one being: Ida runs on a Kiosk. The second one: Ida also runs on a mobile device📱.
* The tourist stands in front of the Kiosk and selects his language🌐.
* The tourist can take a picture📸 using the Kiosk. A cognitive service💻 recognizes age, sex, number of persons and the group type such as single👨, couple💑, family👨👩👧 or friends👋. (this step can be skipped, and information can be corrected/inserted manually.)
* Ida will start to ask some questions to the tourist.
* According to the obtained Information Ida will generate a couple of unique experiences in South Tyrol.
* The tourist selects the experience and enjoys the day👌.
* Optionally the tourist can download the app📱 that adds more information to the experience and provides weather related☁️ updates... The user can also print his selected unique experience.
Where will Ida be placed?
💡 Ida can be placed in Hotels. Moreover, Hotels can offer their own experiences on Ida, next to the public ones everyone can create, of course.
💡 Technically at any other place of interest.
Who will provide unique experiences for Ida?
* The hotels
* The community
* Travel guides: this group of people can offer paid excursions.
* Example: Mountain Guides⛰️ can offer a tour on the glacier.