Clarification Letter Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196 Dated 30 June 2003, ‘Personal Data Protection Code’
Pursuant to Section 13 of the Legislative Decree no. 196 dated 30 June 2003, we hereby inform you that we process personal data of our customers and suppliers as well as individuals who share their personal data with our company deliberately (in person, by phone, by fax, or by email) and/or by registering on our website, and of individuals whose data has been carried over through third parties, e.g. during the collection of external data for business information purposes or public directories; in the latter case, such personal data is only of the common/usual kind.
To the extent of applicable legal stipulations, our business guarantees that the processing of any personal data shall be carried out with due regard to the fundamental rights and freedoms as well as the dignity of the data subjects with special regard to secrecy, personal identity, and the right to protection of all personal data.
Goal and Purpose of Data Processing
- Fulfilment of legal obligations, duties under regulations, Community standards, and civil and tax laws
- Fulfilment of any contractual obligations toward the data subject
- Completion of business and operational activities, such as the completion of internal statistics and activities related to billing and customer and supplier accounting
- Business purposes such as the delivery of business information and advertising material (via mail, fax, and email), marketing, and market research
- Protection of assets and management of liabilities
- Goals related to insurance, particularly credit insurance
- Scope of data disclosure and dissemination:
With regard to the aforementioned goals and purposes, your personal data will be forwarded, if necessary:
- to public administration and authorities if required by law;
- to credit institutions with which our company maintains business relations related to asset/liability management and financing brokerage;
- to any natural and/or legal, public and/or private persons (legal, administrative, and tax counselling offices, courts of law, chambers of commerce, etc.) if such data forwarding is or becomes necessary or expedient to the completion of our activities;
- to suppliers/manufacturers if required for product registration.
- The personal data processed by our company is not subject to any dissemination.
Type of Data Processing:
Data processing may be completed with or without the assistance of electronic, definitely automated, means. It includes all the operations provided for in Section 4 Paragraph 1a of the Legislative Decree no. 196 dated 30 June 2003 which are necessary for the respective data processing. In any case, data shall be processed while observing all the security measures which guarantee the safety and secrecy of said data.
Navigation Data for Our Internet Information Service
In the course of normal operation, the computer systems and procedures provided for the idm-suedtirol.com website collect certain personal information which must be transmitted in order to use internet data exchange protocols.
That information is not collected in order to match it with an identified person, but to make user identification possible due to its nature and by processing and association with third-party data. This data category includes the IP addresses or domain names of the computers connecting to the website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of the request, and other parameters relating to the data transmission and the user’s computer environment.
This data is only collected for anonymous statistical information about website use and the monitoring of proper website operationality. The data in question may be used to determine liability in case of a criminal offence using means of information technology to the detriment of our website.
Rights of the Data Subject:
The Personal Data Protection Code grants the data subject the option to exercise certain rights pursuant to Section 7. In particular, they have the right to obtain information as to whether or not personal data concerning them exist, and to receive more information about such data, its origin, and the reason and purpose for processing in intelligible form as well as details about the data owners, processors, and persons and categories of persons to whom the data may have been transmitted.
The data subject has the right to update, rectify, and amend their data and to request the deletion, blocking, or anonymisation of data if the data has been processed unlawfully. They have the right to object, in whole or in part, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of their personal data, and without stating legitimate grounds, if their data is used for the purpose of trade information, sending advertising material, direct selling, or market research and opinion polls.
These rights under Section 7 may be asserted by the data subject or their authorised representative by submitting a corresponding request to the person in charge of the processing — Piazza della Parrocchia 11, 39100 Bolzano, Italy — via registered post, or via email to email@example.com.
Data Processing Owner:
IDM Südtirol – Alto Adige
Piazza della Parrocchia 11
Phone +39 0471 094 000
Fax +39 0471 094 444